Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vintage Reverse-carved Pansy Ring


I had this beautiful vintage pendant & I wanted to turn it into a ring. So I finally got around to getting it done-I found a really good glue that dries clear & is very strong(hopefully)enough to keep the beaded band stuck to the back. I LOVE pansies, can't say that enough....So I used some twisted bugle beads in light lavender & some seed beads I got in a vial at JoAnn's. After I beaded the band I used a thread-burner to seal the knot...then came the moment of truth-I used an epoxy glue that comes in 2 tubes, I mixed a small amount for 1 min. then I pressed a small piece of clear plastic & sandwiched the beaded band between the pendant & the plastic strip. Oh I also removed the jump ring from the pendant, I don't know if I'll attach a teardrop bead to it...maybe later.  Pardon the cat hair, & yeah the side angle pic is blurry so the amazing 3d effect of vintage reverse carved lucite is not on full display.

No comments:

Post a Comment